|Location: SEVENOAKS, KENT||Salary: 18000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Contract|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3057180|
The role provides a unique opportunity to learn from exposure to the areas of management and financial accounting in a structured and supportive professional environment.
4 DAYS A WEEK
END OF OCTOBER 17- NOV 2018
• Review and process all purchase invoices, dealing directly with suppliers via telephone and e-mail.
• Obtain written authorisation for all purchase invoices prior to entering onto the system.
• Check all purchase invoices have been recharged correctly where applicable.
• Review all invoices for VAT details. Ensure those with non-standard VAT rates or VAT queries are copied for separate submission to VAT advisors.
• Respond to supplier queries.
• Process all expense forms, ensuring forms reconcile to supporting documentation. Code expenses accurately within Sage.
• Download credit card statements on a monthly basis and distribute to employees.
• Once returned ensure receipts agree to statements, after which you will need to code and process onto system.
• Review purchase ledger on a weekly basis and raise payments in line with supplier payment terms.
• Obtain written authorisation for all payments in line with company limit policies.
• Ensure payments are posted to cash book and purchase ledger modules within Sage.
• On a weekly basis bank reconciliation is performed ensuring that all payments /receipts/ direct debits/bank charges/interest have been posted.
• Reconcile petty cash held at Biggin Hill at end of month
• Liaise with oversea employees and obtain confirmation to ensure petty cash is reconciled at the end of each month.
• Ad hoc duties as required from time to time.
• The stronger the academic history demonstrated the better the chance the candidate will have of being selected for the role.
• That said, we are willing to consider candidates that are ‘qualified by experience’ if competence and a stable work history can be demonstrated.
• Previous experience of Purchase Ledger/Cash Management is essential.
• Experience of using Sage Line 200.
Other attributes that would be highly beneficial:
• Competent user of Microsoft Excel.
• A meticulous worker who displays due attention to detail.
• Sound communication skills, both written and oral.
• The position is based in Biggin Hill, Kent. The candidate needs to have their own transport and live within an hour’s commute of Biggin Hill.
18000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum
ATHERSTONE, WARWICKSHIRERead more
18000.00 - 20000.00 GBP Per Annum
COVENTRY, WEST MIDLANDSRead more
19000.00 - 20000 GBP Per Annum, pro-rata
ANTRIM, COUNTY ANTRIMRead more
10 - 12 GBP Per Hour
SHREWSBURY, SHROPSHIRERead more
20000 - 23000 GBP Per Annum
WINCHESTER, HAMPSHIRERead more