|Location: THORNBURY, AVON||Salary: 17500.00 - 21500.00 GBP Per Annum, pro-rata|
|Sector: Accountancy||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: PART TIME||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 22 days ago||Reference: 3058460|
This role will see you based in lovely offices, with warm and friendly people and will see you working for a growing organisation with a socially conscious heart, which is what makes this role truly rewarding.
If this sounds like the role for you, please read on!
Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain the sales ledger with the associated raising of invoices for local authorities including CM2000, clients and others, posting sales invoices to Sage Line 50, producing a debtor’s list and following up outstanding debtors as necessary.
• Maintain the purchase ledger by processing authorised invoices, coding and posting purchase invoices, drawing up, issuing and recording supplier payments by BACS and cheque, reconciling supplier statements when issued and monitoring creditors.
• Process journals and prepare accruals and prepayments thereby maintaining the nominal ledgers.
• Maintain the petty cash systems by issuing and recording all petty cash transactions, ensuring the appropriate receipts are attached. Entering petty cash transaction sheets can then be entered on to Sage.
• Prepare weekly/monthly bank reconciliations, follow up on outstanding items, monitor bank balances requesting transfers if necessary and posting credit card transactions.
• Assist the Finance Manager in preparing the payroll by producing monthly payroll information including salaries, overtime and deductions, ensuring preliminary payroll details produced are correct, providing full details of starters and leavers including adjustments, journal and reconciling salaries control account and maintaining relevant pension information.
• Assist with the maintenance of the fixed assets register, record monthly depreciation and maintain a house inventory with all new purchases.
• Assist with annual financial audit.
• Assist with regular quality and compliance audits.
• Assist with the monitoring and reviewing of contract to ensure cost efficiencies.
• Assist with the preparation of reports for the Trustees.
• Assist in the general day to day running of the organisation’s office function and duties, including filing.
• Undertake training and continuous professional development.
• Undertake additional tasks and projects as required by the Finance Manager to ensure sustainability and development.
The ideal applicant would meet the following criteria:
A minimum of 1 years’ experience within a finance and office environment.
Good standard of education (evidence of numeracy and literacy)
Bookkeeping or AAT Level 2 or 3
A working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts
Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel
Good administrative skills and experience in maintaining record keeping systems and databases
Good interpersonal skills
Efficient, organised and with good attention to detail
Good work ethic and the ability to work well under pressure
Clear, process-orientated thinking and good problem-solving skills
Able to work independently using initiative
Work collaboratively within a team
Plenty of energy, enthusiasm and flexibility
This role would be ideal for someone who is looking for a role they can make their own, whilst having the support and guidance from a Finance Manager.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply online ASAP, alternatively, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your most recent CV.
Successful candidates will be contacted within the next 24 hours.
8.21 - 8.21 GBP Per Hour
CHICHESTER, WEST SUSSEXRead more
19000 - 20000 GBP Per Annum
MARLOW, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
23000 - 25000 GBP Per Annum
CENTRAL LONDON, LONDONRead more
9.30 - 9.30 GBP Per Hour, inc benefits
18000 - 20000 GBP Per Annum
YORK, NORTH YORKSHIRERead more