I'm currently recruiting for a local charity who are looking for a part time administrator to work 4 days a week (Monday - Friday) and approximately 6.5 hours a day. This role will be providing administrative support to the secretary.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to;
- Provide administrative support to the Secretary.
- Responsible for collating and safe keeping of all manuscripts and correspondence received and forwarding to Editor as necessary. Send all articles and books with necessary paperwork to reviewers as decided. Send out pdfs of all articles to authors after publication.
- Maintain the subscription database ensuring that all addresses are up-to-date and payments received are recorded, including payments from agencies. Forward cheques to the Accountant. Complete the paperwork for setting up all new direct debits.
- Provide the publisher of the magazine with a spreadsheet of all addresses when issues are due; print address labels from the database and send to the printers of the Journal when the issues are due.
- Organise meetings
- Take the minutes at the meetings.
- May be required to attend training courses involved with this duty.
This will be a temporary position until the end of the year however could potentially be extended nearer the time. The ideal candidate will be available at short notice as a hand-over period is required.
If you are looking for a part time position and have previous administrative experience and good organisational skills, please apply below.