I am currently working with a fantastic Housing Association who are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant for a 1 year FTC on a part time bases. The now employee works a 3 day week but my client is flexible on the hours and days. With this you need to have a sound knowledge of Accounts payable and be able to process around 200-300 invoices a week.
- Review and maintain Finance inbox, process invoices for payment, and flag queries for team members.
- Ensure invoices received are stamped, authorised and coded correctly. Send the invoices without purchase orders for approval and ensure they are received back.
- Assist in data entry purchase ledger, payment-runs and maintaining PL,
- Maintain document management by scanning the finance documents and storing in the electronic folders and archiving the physical documents with an accurate log maintained.
- Liaise with a range of suppliers, members and employees to resolve payment and invoice queries and highlight any complex queries others in the team..
- Follow the internal controls of the finance department
- To support the work of the Finance team in finance-related ad hoc work.