Reed Accountancy are currently partnered with a Reading based client seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their small, yet busy team on a permanent part time basis.
Working 18 hours per week within a team of 2, this role will be reporting into and working alongside the Financial Controller. Supporting with the daily transactional duties alongside monthly management account preparation and VAT.
Duties for this role will include
- Administration of the payroll process (incl pension info to external pension provider)
- Ownership of the sales ledger and purchase ledger invoices, including raising P.Os and generating invoices.
- Expenses + monthly journals
- Helping with the preparation of monthly accounts (prepayments and accruals) + year end file
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Debt management
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an experienced candidate seeking a part time role, or someone looking for their first opportunity in Accounts that can give the some practical experience alongside their studies.
Initially this role will be working from home with the view to begin working from the office towards the end of the year.
Due to the location of the business there is no parking onsite, however they are based close to local bus and Train stations.