My client who are a leading real estate development and investment organisation are seeking an Accountant with strong Service Charge and Real Estate experience to join their Finance department due to expansion of their investments.
By combining its key strengths, the Group has established a track record of award-winning projects and delivers consistent and high returns across real estate asset classes. The businesses strategic focus is to invest in markets and real estate sectors with good growth potential.
This role will support the Finance Manager and a Senior Accountant with ensuring a consistently smooth set of accounting functions for one of their assets within their UK Finance Team.
This role is great opportunity for anyone who wants to further their career in the Real Estate industry
Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of financial accounting, management reporting and business partnering support for one of the commercial assets.
- Timely month end closing, balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of monthly management reporting and review of accounts prepared by property manager, operators and agents
- Ensuring timely preparation of full set of financial statements for audit; handling tax matters, budgeting & forecasting
- Performing credit reviews for potential tenants and suppliers;
- Providing financial project management support for asset management initiatives and development projects.
- Business partnering with asset managers, HQ Finance team and internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in the implementation of group’s policies, processes and systems
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Part qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA Accountant
- Good knowledge of local accounting standards and IFRS
- Strong MS Excel skills (Vlookups and Pivot Tables and more)
- Experience working with large excel financial models
- Excellent level of Service Charge Accounting Experience
- Minimum of 2 years relevant financial experience in the real estate industry
- SAP experience is highly advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as you will be liaising with auditors, internal & external stakeholders and property managers & operators
- Ability to review financial information, summarise concisely and work in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to initiate and implement process improvements in terms of quality & efficiency
The right candidate will need to be hands-on with a good eye for detail, responsible, well-organised and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Experience in the real estate industry, service charge accounting and IFRS are all must to be considered