REED Accountancy Chelmsford have pleasure to be working with a fantastic organisation in Brentwood looking for a Part Qualified Assistant Accountant.
Ideally you will be studying ACCA/ CIMA as study support will be given.
This role will be to undertake daily, weekly and monthly processing duties as a core member of the finance operations team.
Working as a core member of a small finance team, the objective of the role is to:
• undertake a set of allocated daily, weekly and monthly processes with efficiency
• whilst ensuring compliance with the company’s standard operating procedures
• adherence to external regulatory, legal and compliance requirements
• To execute high volume processing of customer transactions in relation to loans, repayments, refunds, redemptions & repossessions to daily tight deadlines with an exceptional high level of accuracy required:
• Daily Banking
• Direct Debits
• Bounced Direct Debits
• Credit Cards allocations
• Electronic install allocation
• Removal of Charges
• Returned cheques
• Unknown Payments
To assist with the Management Accounting reporting and monitoring. Duties to include (but not exclusively):
• To prepare the monthly accruals and pre payments
• To prepare the monthly Fixed Asset reconciliations
• To review the morning figures as required
• To be able to execute the Month End Close as required
To assist with the Treasury reporting, control and cash management requirements for the Group. Duties to include (but not exclusively):
• Daily cash flow management and reporting
• Assist with the opening/closing of Bank Accounts as required
• Bank of England monthly and quarterly returns.
• Quarterly HPI application to customers’ accounts.
• Monthly Portfolio Quality Review Dashboard pack compilation
• Monthly Loan Impairment Pack compilation
• To participate in testing of any process changes
• To support the month end processing, which may require overtime
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking for an Assistant Accountant/ Management Accountant role who is happy to do a full role including both the management accounts and the more day to day accounts as well.