Multiple opportunities have arisen to join a local organisation in the assisting of maintaining Park and Woodland areas throughout Sheffield
- Assist with enforcing litter disposal, keeping green spaces clear and clean
- Assist with the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the Woodland Team Service Plan and the Ranger Team's events, activities, projects and work programmes.
- Provide a regular, uniformed, reassuring and customer focussed presence at certain sites, working on a rota system as required.
- To actively promote and encourage enjoyment, understanding and sustainable use of Sheffield's parks, woodlands and countryside and the wider environment.
- To be responsible for all resources and staff allocated to them, including some monitoring of parks buildings.
- To promote the service through effective communication, working in partnership with others to achieve shared aims.
- Experience within a similar role
- An understanding of the links between quality of life and the environment and role that green spaces play within the urban domain.
- The ability to engage and work effectively with individuals and communities of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively using all available media, particularly written and oral presentation.
- An understanding of project and events management and managing contractors.
- IT literacy and an understanding of the production of promotional material.
- Administrative skills including report writing, surveying and recording systems, and budget management.
- The ability to determine priorities and the ability to work to deadlines without close supervision.
- Flexibility, confidence and energy, evidence of self-motivation and the ability to work well on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- An appreciation of and commitment to equal opportunities issues.
- An understanding of health and safety legislation including production and use of risk assessments.
- Countryside maintenance
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- Driving Licence