Purpose of role
To provide paraplanning support ensuring the highest possible standard of client service delivery that is consistent, compliant and provided proactively, in line with the Ascot Lloyd values, as well as mindful of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) at all times.
Working closely with Financial Advisers and IFA Administrators, to support the client advisory process, playing a key role in providing an all-important, quality sales support function through effective use of software, as well as following set processes and procedures.
Primary duties / Key Responsibilities
• Review fact finds, file notes, client risk profile questionnaires etc. as provided by the Financial Advisers to gain an understanding of the client requirements discussed and agreed.
• Undertake quotes using relevant in-house platforms or request quotes from external providers.
• Undertake the necessary research and analysis, including:
- Fund analysis
- Product comparison
- Product analysis
- Fund research
- Charges analysis
• Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit the client’s needs, uploading the report into the system for the Financial Adviser to pick up remotely.
• Discuss the reports with the Financial Adviser, amending as necessary.
• Instruct the IFA Administrator to proceed with preparation of the pack for the client.
• Pre-populate client application forms ready for the Financial Adviser to discuss with the client.
• Record, monitor and report on progress, completing the weekly logs to enable the Senior Paraplanner to review workflow across the team.
• Report obstacles and deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser and IFA Administrator, so that client expectations are appropriately managed.
• Ensure that potential service delivery failures are brought to the attention of the Senior Paraplanner in a timely manner, that resolution is swift and work together to revise process so that the likelihood of repeat errors is lessened.
• Support the Treating your Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative.
• Financial Planning Diploma Qualified (or equivalent professional qualification).
• Demonstrable paraplanning experience.
• Demonstrable knowledge of and proficiency in research tools ideally to include at least some of the following:
- Pension research: O&M
- Fund & Portfolio research: FE Analytics
- Protection: Avelo Exchange
- Annuity research: Avelo Exchange
- Cash flow research: Voyant & Distribution Technology
- Risk profiler: Distribution Technology
- Product comparison: Capita Product comparator
- Wrap comparison: Wrap comparator
• Experience of, or understanding and a willingness to work with a centralised investment proposition, including:
- Single fund multi-asset/multi-manager solutions
- Discretionary Fund Managers
- Model Portfolios
• Proven ability to work with templated suitability reports.
• Experience of including additional bespoke explanations for recommendations made outside of the standard template.
• The ability to prioritise and juggle workload.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Attention to detail.
• Client confidentiality.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.