Are you a diploma qualified paraplanning looking for a new role? This role could be for you!
Working closely with Financial Advisers and IFA Administrators, to support the client advisory process, playing a key role in providing an all-important, quality sales support function through effective use of software, as well as following set processes and procedures.
- Review fact finds, file notes, client risk profile questionnaires etc. as provided by the Financial Advisers to gain an understanding of the client requirements discussed and agreed.
- Undertake quotes using relevant in-house platforms or request quotes from external providers.
- Undertake the necessary research and analysis, including:
- Fund analysis
- Product comparison
- Product analysis
- Fund research
- Charges analysis
- Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit the client’s needs, uploading the report into the system for the Financial Adviser to pick up remotely.
- Instruct the IFA Administrator to proceed with preparation of the pack for the client.
- Pre-populate client application forms ready for the Financial Adviser to discuss with the client.
- Record, monitor and report on progress, completing the weekly logs to enable the Senior Paraplanner to review workflow across the team.
- Report obstacles and deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser and IFA Administrator, so that client expectations are appropriately managed.
- Ensure that potential service delivery failures are brought to the attention of the Senior Paraplanner in a timely manner, that resolution is swift and work together to revise process so that the likelihood of repeat errors is lessened.
- Support the Treating your Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative.
Experience & core skills
- Financial Planning Diploma Qualified (or equivalent professional qualification).
- Demonstrable paraplanning experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and proficiency in research tools
- Experience of, or understanding and a willingness to work with a centralised investment proposition, including:
- Single fund multi-asset/multi-manager solutions
- Discretionary Fund Managers
- Model Portfolios
- Experience of including additional bespoke explanations for recommendations made outside of the standard template.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
If the above role sounds of interest, or you would like more information on any other roles I am currently managing then please get in touch!