Paraplanner - London - up to 45k
Would you like to work for an award winning National IFA who actually value their staff and team?
They offer top benefits and progression routes across all areas of the business.
Requirements to be considered
- Minimum level 4 qualified.
- Previous experience of working as a paraplanner within an IFA environment conducting research and writing strategy and recommendation reports for HNW clients.
- Knowledge and experience of paraplanning pre and post retirement scenarios(including pension transfers), investments and taxation along with more complicated advice such as IHT planning, Defined Benefit pension transfers and structured investments.
- Knowledge and experience of SIPP providers,permitted investments and specialist funds.
- Proven experience of writing quality client friendly reports that meet compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of research tools such as Selectapension,AdvisaCenta, Assureweb,Defaqto, Trustnet, Analytics.
- Confident having challenging conversations with advisers and being able to influence.
- Able to demonstrate delivering a high quality and valued service to advisers.
- Comfortable working in an environment where outputs are monitored and targets set.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and stay focused under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Team player.
- Solution orientated and able to think outside the box to solve problems.
- Strong PC skills with good knowledge of MS Word,Excel and Outlook.
- Commitment to pass basic financial industry exam within 3 months of employment (internal exam).
A qualified and experienced paraplanner, working as part of a team of 6 paraplanners to deliver a first class research and report writing service to 20 Private Client Partners, assisting them in researching and documenting advice to their clients.
To support Partners in carrying out high quality research on a restricted and whole of market range of financial planning products, in line with companies advice process and compliance framework.
Writing detailed strategy and recommendation reports resulting in specific recommendations.
Liaising with product providers and keeping abreast of new products and developments.
A strong working knowledge of pre and post retirement planning (including pension transfers), investments and taxation is key to this role.
Duties will include:
•Ability to understand and articulate the Partners requirements,flagging any concerns where appropriate.
•Obtaining information on clients’ existing financial arrangements and conducting gap analysis.
•Producing strategy reports providing high level options addressing identified gaps in planning.
•Researching the market in line with guidelines from the Partner and FD’s restricted proposition (where appropriate), and preparing personalised high quality reports that are clear to the client, are written in plain English, and include all relevant compliance requirements.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent PC skills and have proven communication skills.
You must have the ability to balance the commercial needs with compliance requirements and be able to identify advice opportunities or flag any concerns.