|Location: MEDWAY CITY ESTATE, KENT||Salary: 30538.00 - 30538.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 2 months ago||Reference: 3140770|
Reporting To: Packing Supervisor/Shift Manager
Location: Rochester, Kent
To lead and support the production team. Ensure that all work is carried out efficiently and to the highest possible standard
4on/4off; fixed nights.
£26,644 basic annual salary.
£30,538 annual salary including payment for the 20 premium days. Plus £2,600 night shift allowance.
Working Hours are 5.45pm-6am
Supervisors will be paid for the premium days in the month they are worked (subject to normal pay-roll cut-off dates). Payment for premium days is the equivalent of x1.5 of basic hourly rate.
Supervisors will also be included in the Volume Incentive Scheme. This is a factory collective bonus scheme and is paid per quarter depending upon achievement of set production targets. Employees can achieve up to 2% of basic salary capped up to £600.
• Responsible for the effective and safe completion of all tasks associated with ensuring the efficient running of the production lines
• Control of the operation and process flow of the rice transfer system; including tipping rice on to the packing lines.
• Ensure the completion of start-up checks and other ad-hoc administration as required
• Ensure stock rotation of products when stock is transferred from the warehouse to the packing floor
• Make sure film and packaging products are replaced after completion of jobs
• Responsible for raising work orders, closing orders and general stock management in AXAPTA system
• Complete the weekly stock count of rice and other consumables
• Ensure all work carried out adheres to the Company’s food standard practices
• Ensure all work undertaken is completed adhering to the Company’s Hygiene Code of Practice and Health and Safety requirements
• Responsible for reporting any health and safety issues that occur in the factory, raising PAR’s and reporting them to the shift managers and Health and Safety Officer.
• Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and all other work related legislation
• Assist Packing Supervisor/Shift Manager with allocation of staff and assigning work as necessary
• Accountable for the booking of agency staff, managing holidays and ensuring adequate staffing levels at all times
• Deliver training to existing staff and ensure new starters receive all relevant training
• To deputise for Shift Manager when required
• Develop and build relationships with other departments and liaise with them as necessary
• Drive and initiate continuous improvement across the factory to enhance quality, efficiency, performance, safety and waste reduction
• Support the Senior Management Team with any change management initiatives by demonstrating a positive behavior
• Carry out and other reasonable duties associated with the role or projects assigned to meet the overall objectives of the role
Experience; Experience of planning workload, holidays, and rota scheduling.
Technical Knowledge; Awareness of CCP, safety and quality issues.
Skills and Behaviours; Ability to follow instructions and use own initiative and to work unsupervised.
Excellent health and safety awareness.
Good organisational and multi-tasking skills.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Computer literate and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
General; Be self-motivated and able to work both individually or as part of a large team
Ability to work quickly and efficiently when under pressure
Willingness to work flexibly as part of a rotating shift system.
38904 - 38904 GBP Per Annum
MEDWAY CITY ESTATE, KENTRead more
38904.00 - 38904.00 GBP Per Annum
MEDWAY CITY ESTATE, KENTRead more
26000.00 - 27000.00 GBP Per Annum
WEST DRAYTON, MIDDLESEXRead more
25000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
LEYLAND, LANCASHIRERead more
23000.00 - 24000.00 GBP Per Annum
BOLTON ROAD, LANCASHIRERead more