Reed Bradford Business Support are currently recruiting on behalf of a city client for a PA on a permanent basis. The role will be to provide confidential, personal assistance to the Dean, providing a high level of administrative and secretarial support, including diary management, taking minutes and notes for meetings and the organisation of the Faculty constitutional committee schedule.
Main Responsibilities will include
- Providing full PA support
- Maintaining a diary system, arranging meetings and appointments, ensuring that documentation for forthcoming commitments is available in advance
- Making arrangements for external meetings, conferences and seminars etc.
- Booking transport and accommodation, and liaising with other attendees (both internally and externally). Compiling detailed itineraries for travel; complex international travel is often involved
- Receiving telephone calls and visitors, dealing with these personally and where appropriate, redirecting to other members of staff
- Project Administration work, contact with various sites across the UK, liaising with suppliers & contractors
- E-mail and post management – to manage incoming messages and post on a daily basis, including the disposal of junk mail.
- Producing letters/emails and correspondence
- Using a variety of IT computer packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and company specific IT packages
- Supporting the wider business and other key stakeholders
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post as may be required
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of people, identifying and resolving their queries in a professional manner
- Relevant administrative experience in a busy office environment
- Clear written and oral communication skills with the ability to understand, explain and give advice on processes and procedures
- Ability to take responsibility for resolving complex administrative problems and issues
- Ability to plan and organise own workload and manage conflicting deadlines without supervision
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with complaints and issues appropriately with tact and discretion
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and contacts to generate and exchange information