An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Personal Assistant to join a leading organisation based in Belfast.
Location: Belfast City Centre
Duration: Temp to perm
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 37 hours per week
Pay Rate: £11.10 per hour
To provide an effective, proficient and confidential administrative and secretarial support service to the Chief Executive. To control the flow of information into and out of the Chief Executive’s Office and seek to ensure that the Chief Executive’s time is utilised as efficiently as possible and undertake ad-hoc projects as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To develop a filing system to effectively manage all information in the Chief Executive’s office (both manual and electronic)
• To manage and maintain this filing system on a daily basis.
• To ensure all internal and external correspondence, documents and reports used by the CEO are appropriately filed.
• Provide a comprehensive secretarial service including management of internal and external correspondence and preparation of reports to the Chief Executive.
• Manage the Chief Executive’s diary including arranging appointments and meetings within guidelines, to ensure the effective use of time.
• Co-ordinate the Chief Executive’s attendance at activities to ensure optimum use of time.
• Ensure briefing documents and papers are prepared and proofed for the Chief Executive in advance of meetings/presentations.
• Managing incoming telephone calls directed to the CEO, taking messages, referring calls and answering routine queries as required.
• Handling all correspondence, both post and electronic mail, on behalf of the CEO, responding as appropriate on his behalf.
• Organise, process and prioritise/refer post.
• Liaise externally and internally to the organisation, at all levels particularly senior, on the Chief Executive’s behalf.
• Ensure upkeep of all ancillary office equipment.
• Undertake secretarial duties for the Board.
• Undertake ad hoc duties as directed by the Chief Executive
• Draft letters and papers for the Chief Executive’s approval.
• Type all confidential material within the Chief Executive’s Office.
• Devise an effective filing system to ensure security and confidentiality to the Chief Executive’s office and all documentation related to the CEO’s role.
• Produce reports, papers, proposals, letters, memos or charts using Word, Excel or PowerPoint as required.
• Manage Information held within own section, recording, storing and retrieval.
• Minute management meetings and other meetings as required and distribute minutes as appropriate.
• Carry out research tasks for ad-hoc projects when required.
• Distribute management information supplied by the Chief Executive.
• Liaising with key stakeholders of the organisation including sponsor departments, partnership organisations, local councils, the media, community and voluntary groups and the general public in a professional and efficient manner at all times.
If interested, please send updated CV via link to Victoria Butler – REED Belfast