PA to Deputy Head
£13 per hour
This is an interesting role providing comprehensive business support to the Head and senior team
Your main responsibilities will be
- Manage the Headteacher's and Deputy Headteachers’ appointments diaries and meeting arrangements prioritising as necessary
- Manage the Headteacher’s electronic inbox and post
- Set up, manage and maintain administration and office systems including manual and computerised information and retrieval systems, to provide an efficient, high quality, accurate and confidential administration service that meets data protection obligations
- Provide administrative support and record keeping for the Appraisal and CPD processes
- Provide support with teaching staff recruitment
- Support the organisation of school events as required
- Undertake project work as required by the Headteacher including research, liaison and the making of recommendations
- Plan and progress work to strict deadlines
- Support the school leadership with internal and external communications to promote the school and its activities:
Candidate should have:
- Educated to A level or equivalent, or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level.
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work with others to achieve objectives and improve customer service.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to build sound relationships with customers to improve customer service.
- High level administrative/organisational and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise and plan own workload in the context of conflicting priorities and work on own initiative.
- A methodical approach to information gathering, recording and reporting.
- Previous relevant work experience.
- Experience of maintaining and improving business/ database systems/secretarial processes and systems (as appropriate).
Previous experience of working in a school would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)