We have a fantastic opportunity for a Outreach Support Worker, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full time role, initially for the next 2 months.
Your role will be to work within the special guardianship support team, as the position has been created in recognition with the impact on guardianship households of the restrictions associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To provide practical and emotional parenting advice / strategies to help special guardians to support the children in their care.
- Provide an opportunity for Guardians to reflect and think about their parenting styles, and try to adapt or enhance their skills to develop a wider toolkit of skills and strategies.
- Support Guardians at times of need / crisis / stressful situations to manage children’s difficulties, in responsive and attuned ways.
- To support children and young people to have some time away from home, where possible in accordance with current restrictions.
- Give children and young people a voice, and to listen to their concerns / worries / anxieties and support them to understand them and find new ways to cope, repair and resolve some of their difficulties.
- Support with transitions to school and ensuring children’s emotional needs are considered, as part of further planning
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Full UK Driving Licence, and access to a vehicle
- Previous Outreach Support Worker experience would be desirable
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children and families and senior professionals
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system