Are you an experienced Operations/Facilities Manager looking for a new position?
Do you have a hands on approach?
Reed are currently assisting an amazing venue in the recruitment for a Operations Manager who will support the General Manager of the business.
Provide ‘hands-on’ support in maintaining the building and associated facilities including (but not limited to):
• Manage/supervise building and general services maintenance for the venue and associated facilities
• Undertake daily checks of all rooms, to ensure that they are ready for guest’s arrival at any time
• Ensure that the kitchens are maintained to be safe, clean and hygienic
• Identifying hazards and seek solutions to issues that arise within the venue or associated facilities
• Work as part of the team (hands-on where necessary) to ensure that the facilities and services are maintained to the required standards.
Manage the relationships with external contracts ensuring the required level of service delivery in terms of time, value and workmanship. Including but not limited to:
• Relationship management with all associated external contractors
• Hold weekly meeting with the cleaning contractor to ensure service delivery levels are met
• Undertake regular quality checks on work undertaken by the cleaning contractor to ensure service delivery levels are met
• Liaise with kitchen contractors and the kitchen staff team, to ensure kitchen equipment is maintained and working effectively
Ensure that all the current Health, Safety and Environmental regulations are adhered to and any breaches are reported via the appropriate route. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Acting as the Company’s Competent Person required under Health and Safety Legislation
• Responsible for ensuring that all applicable health and safety procedures are followed within the venue
• Ensure the relevant Health and Safety checks are undertaken and that the records are updated and stored appropriately.
• Complete the new starter Health and Safety checks within 2 weeks of joining
• Repeat Health and Safety checks for all employees annually
• Encourage and ensure the reporting of incidents/Accidents/Near Misses correctly at the time of occurrence,
• Review, update and/or carry out risk assessments where necessary (On a periodic basis or following an incident)
• Work and ensure the team to works in a safe manner following all Health and Safety procedures which seek to minimise exposure to harm and incidents.
Team Management and Reporting duties include but are not limited to:
• Attending weekly meeting with the General Manager and Events Manager
• Holding weekly meeting (Documented) with direct reports and allocating tasks
• Responsible for ensuring that secondary cash is carried out and passed to accounts in line with the current procedure
• Working as part of the team in providing a flexible service, being available whenever required to ‘get the job’ done.
Skills & Experience
• Strong people management experience gained within a fast paced events management arena
• Highly responsive customer service orientation and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail, flexibility, and the willingness to be an active team player
• Strong organisational and administrative background
• IOSH qualification
• 3 years + Health and Safety management
If you're currently looking and interested in a new role, please apply NOW!