REED Procurement & Supply Chain are delighted to be partnering with our long established multinational client who have manufacturing sites and operations throughout the UK, Europe and beyond for the appointment of a Operations Manager to form part of the Senior Management team.
Based : Birmingham
Salary up to £70K + £10K Annual Bonus + Car + benefits
Are you a strong and decisive manager ?
The successful candidate will need to have a thorough understanding of manufacturing operations & will need to establish a high level of communication within the function, the Senior Management Team & European Head Office. Direct Management team of 6 in Logistics, Production, Quality, Purchasing, Maintenance and Special Projects and indirect workforce 140.
Duties & Responsibilities
To ensure proper supervision and management of all the resources and activities of all sites in compliance with UK laws, regulations and the standards defined at Company and Group level, ensuring cost effectiveness, production quality, timing respect and safety. To understand the UK Operations Department, throughout all operational departments. To establish a high level of communication within the operations function, the local management team and to the European based head office.
• Reporting into the Managing Director to manage and develop the workforce, the buildings and the machinery of the sites
• To ensure the efficiency, cost effectiveness and quality of internal processes, in order to satisfy customer needs;
• To have full clear co-ordination and communication with the UK
• To chair production meetings to gain an overview of the team and requirements. Provide support and assistance where requested.
• A good understanding will be required of machinery capability, preventative maintenance
• To be focussed and driven to assisting in working towards ISO 9001/14001/18001/50001;
• Engineering projects – manage all engineering projects from request of study, to formal sign of closure. Liaise with Engineering and Central Production in parent group. Ensure all contractors are fully aware of project specifications and UK Health, Safety and Environmental operating systems;
• Develop and implement processes in line with ISO accreditations and ensure that these processes are clear to the operations management team;
The ideal candidate will:
- Highly driven, focussed and be able to demonstrate a commitment to the on-going success of the company.
- Strong people management skills are essential with strong leadership qualities and the ability to coach, mentor and train;
- Essential: Current previous working experience in leading a manufacturing facility of at least 5 years;
- Understanding in the application of the company integrated management systems, policies and procedures already implemented within the business both UK and Corporate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Recent proven experience in a managerial position of at least 5 years
- Desirable: A formal degree/professional qualification relevant to the role (ie engineering/science/mathematical etc)
The successful candidate will be professional, trustworthy, enthusiastic, hard-working, reliable and have a positive attitude. Strong leadership qualities to lead an already established existing team of Managers.
For more information on this opportunity or any other local roles please call us today to discuss your CV - Michelle Green