|Location: LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE||Salary: 35000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Technology||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3040520|
Operations / Engineer / Systems / Sever / Windows / Linux / PowerShell / Network / Leeds / West Yorkshire
My client, a growing service provider based in Leeds has a requirement for an Operations Engineer to join their team.
As the successful candidate, you will be working within the Service Operations function which delivers web-based software to small, medium and large UK enterprises.
You will develop and maintain best practice, working with key stakeholders to ensure security, business continuity and customer satisfaction are always the prime focus.
You will always be looking for infrastructure, application and process improvements, to increase security, lower costs, improve stability or drive efficiencies. You should be entirely vendor and product agnostic, and always seek to use best-of-breed technologies, regardless of personal preference.
• 24 x 7 operational maintenance of all platforms and services, responding to monitoring and customer issues as required.
• Assisting in the regular delivery of updated the latest software builds to the production environment.
• Helping to design, build and maintain resilient, secure and cost effective systems, networks and services.
• Have a security-focused approach to all infrastructure work and an awareness of the effect of agile change management on the security of the platforms.
• Ability to clearly communicate infrastructure issues across the organisation.
• Extensive system and network administration experience on Windows Server and Linux operating systems.
• Have scripting knowledge of either Python, PowerShell or Bourne shell.
• Excellent TCP/IP knowledge and associated protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
• Experience in building cloud platforms, particularly using AWS, Azure, RackSpace IaaS or OpenStack.
• Large-scale monitoring systems such as Nagios, Zabbix, OpenNMS, Zenoss, etc.
• Build and configuration management systems using Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, etc.
• Working in an Internet software delivery environment (e.g. SaaS, eCommerce, managed services).
• Working in an Agile software environment with CI/CD and associated systems (Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, etc.).
• Relational (SQL) and NoSQL Databases.
40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
30000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
TEWKESBURY, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
30000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
CAMBRIDGE, CAMBRIDGESHIRERead more
22000.00 - 26000.00 GBP Per Annum
ABERDEEN, ABERDEENSHIRERead more
22000 - 24000 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
CARDIFF, SOUTH GLAMORGANRead more