I am currently recruiting an Operations Coordinator for one of my clients who are based in the Colchester area. This role would be best suited to someone with previous experience working within the food manufacturing industry. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for co-ordinating the smooth running of the factory element of the company, including orders, stock levels, shipments, preparation of production through to invoicing.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:-
• Manage the day-to-day running of the administration team
• Aid in sourcing new materials, changing suppliers and contracting raw materials
• Ensure that all health and safety legislation is complied with at all times, and enforce where necessary.
• Deputise for the Quality Manager in overseeing the security of the buildings and plant, responding to out of hours emergencies.
• Work with the Accounts Department in providing quarterly statistical reports to the Company Directors on budgets, production, sales, customer profiles and future business development plans.
• Respond to all customer and supplier general enquiries, sales, transport and invoicing issues.
• Assist with being proactive in marketing the business with the aim of maximising company profit.
• Arrange and attend production meetings on a regular basis to plan ongoing production.
• Being the first point of contact for any visitors.
• Enter all new orders, customers and suppliers onto the system
• Schedule production and despatch including raising orders and label preparation.
• Arrange overseas export including any supporting paperwork.
• Liaise with customers and suppliers to produce organic raw materials forecasts.
• Liaise with companies to arrange temporary agency staff as and when required, and manage their submission of time sheets.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Will comply with legislative requirements of health, safety and welfare ensuring good practice standards at all times
• Will ensure proper adherence to all of the policies and procedures
• Will maintain confidentiality at all times
• Will have previous experience working within the food industry
• Will have the experience working in a fast- paced environment with the ability to multi-task
• Will have previous experience working within an administrative role
• Will have the ability to deal with customer complaints and queries in a timely and professional manner
• Will have an excellent work ethic and capability to meet deadlines
• Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft packages
What you will receive in return:
• An attractive base salary
• Free car parking
• The opportunity to work for a growing organisation
If you are interested in this role. Please apply via the link below