I am currently recruiting for an operations administrator for a busy logistics company based in Dover
As an operations assistant you will be supporting the operations team for all forwarding tasks for both
imports and exports, starting from the initial enquiry, preparation of documentation right through to
raising invoices, liaise with, clients, shipping lines, 3rd parties and other forwarders.
1. Ensure all records are complete and correct prior to processing and seek to rectify any
identified errors with the relevant operator.
2. Building strong working relationships with clients / shipping lines & agents, Good negotiation
skills and attention to detail are essential for this role.
3. General forwarding and administration duties through FCL i.e. invoicing & quotations.
4. Assist with HMRC and client audits as and when required.
5. Any other duties and responsibilities that may be agreed from time to time
Skills, experience and behaviours
• Seeks to provide an excellent service and to exceed client/employee expectations.
• Able to deal with difficult situations in a professional and understanding manner.
• Actively listens and communicates in a clear, concise manner, through a variety of different
channels, including email, telephone and TEAMS.
• Builds mutually supportive working relationships with key stakeholders, including our clients,
external providers and other employees.
• Understands how their role contributes to the team and group as a whole
• Understands the importance of and follows policies and procedures. Contributes to procedure
• Work effectively as part of their team and contribute ideas and solutions to improve working
practices and client experience.
• Supports the team and is flexible and willing to help team members and other areas of the
• Effectively manages workload, dealing with a number of different tasks simultaneously and
prioritising them appropriately without compromising deadlines or standards.
• Able to interpret and follow rules and guidelines, seeking to resolve issues themselves and
knowing when to escalate to a senior member of staff.
• Confident to ask questions and seek clarification where there is ambiguity.
• Acts in a timely manner and understands the impact upon clients and the business.
• Able to demonstrate examples of identifying issues and takes a proactive approach to dealing
with them, with the aim of adding value.
• Consistently seeks ways of improving individual and team performance.
• Shows resilience and flexibility in response to work priorities and issues.
• Is receptive and contributes to new ideas and approaches and adapts accordingly.
• Able to handle conflicting priorities. Remains positive and puts difficulties into perspective and is
open to change about how things are done.
• Understand how they can positively contribute towards the company objectives.
• Able to take responsibility for own tasks and is reliable and trustworthy.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Freight forwarding background
• Customs clearance experience advantageous
• Possesses good IT skills and experienced in using Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
What's in it for you?
- Full time permanent position
- £22,000-£24,000 Salary (doe)
- Holiday entitlement