Are you an experienced OFSTED Registered Manager? Or are you a Level 5 Qualified Deputy who wants to take the next step in your career? Do you want to work for a knowledgeable company with years of experience in the sector?
If so, I would LOVE to hear from you!
My Client is seeking a Registered Manager for one of their Residential Children's Homes. Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be a vital part of the team, supported throughout and be well rewarded for your successes!
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To guide and direct a team offering residential care and support to children and young people aged 8 to 18 years of age.
- To represent the Company to relevant outside bodies, organisations, institutions and individuals.
- To collaborate and work in conjunction with others, manage the activities and services provided by the Home.
- To assist the Company in achieving effective and efficient management of all resources.
- To monitor and control the use of resources, promoting efficient data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Manage the deployment of staff on rota ensuring adequate and appropriate support is maintained including deployment of staff to cover annual leave, sickness and training.
- Accept responsibility for developing own knowledge and skills, and for promoting the concept of lifelong learning for both Young People and staff.
- Prioritise workloads for staff, setting and agreeing SMART objectives as appropriate.
- Gain the support, trust and confidence of own colleagues by providing adequate communication, consultation and involvement in key areas of activity and decision making.
- Promote the ideals of continuous improvement within the Home.
- Promote the development and implementation of efficient, accurate and appropriate quality assurance, monitoring and control measures and practices, in relation to all services provided at the Home.
- Share ideas, initiatives, progress etc with colleagues on a regular basis.
It is essential you have/are:
- Minimum of 2 years residential experience within the last 5 years
- Minimum of 2 year managerial/senior role experience in a residential home within the last 5 years
- NVQ Level 4 in Child Care /DIPSW/Level 5 Diploma (or be working/willing to work towards one of these)
- Sound knowledge of governing legislation, procedures and best practice in caring for looked after children
- Direct experience of team leadership, facilitation and supervision
- Achievement and outcome oriented – concerned with improving the service and maintaining high standards and working within SCCIF
- Positive outlook, showing determination and persistence in pursuing objectives
- Able to motivate staff, maintain and develop individual and team performance through sustained supervision and feedback
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with all professional colleagues and service users
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, click APPLY now or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org