We require an experienced, full-time Office Manager to integrate into our busy team in Maidstone. The successful candidate will need to hit the ground running and get on with the job with minimal supervision. Training will be provided as part of a hand-over process. The role will suit someone who is friendly and customer service centric, likes going the extra mile to keep internal customers happy, is organised, self-motivated, able to take ownership and make this new manager role their own.
An attractive salary and company benefits is on offer. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a basic DBS (criminal records) check.
- Liaise with the landlord, service providers such as for office cleaning and the alarm system, service engineers and suppliers, arrange office redecorating as necessary, procure office supplies and ensure furniture and fixtures are in good order.
- Manage service provider contracts and ensure standards of service delivery meet expectations.
- Ensure a safe working environment by managing the Health & Safety and security of the office in collaboration with IT and HR. This includes: conducting weekly fire risk checks and maintaining the log, arranging annual fire extinguisher testing and portable appliance testing, maintaining the fire and general risk assessments, ensuring all required signage is in place, conducting work station assessments and arranging the required equipment, maintenance of the first aid boxes and the defibrillator, arranging first aider and fire warden training, ensuring that the landlord are meeting their health & safety obligations, arranging and taking minutes at the quarterly health & safety committee meetings, and ensuring action points are completed in a timely manner, issuance and recording of access fobs, alarm fobs, desk/cupboard keys and front door keys, managing visitor procedures and ensuring compliance.
- Act as the main key holder, including for the safe, and as the first emergency contact.
- Review, introduce and communicate policies and procedures (health & safety, security, visitors) as required for providing a safe working environment, and in conjunction with global compliance and security policies. Collaborate with Compliance & Security, IT and HR on these.
- Participate in the induction process for new employees by providing training on security, the safe use of office equipment, office policies and procedures, and health & safety within the office (e.g. emergency exit procedures, first aid procedures, and visitor procedures).
- Keep the employee vehicle information up to date on the Parking Eye system used for the office parking and manage this for visitors. Aim to inform Parking Eye in a timely manner as to avoid the unnecessary issuance of parking fines. Liaise with Parking Eye on all queries.