I'm delighted to be supporting a reputable special needs school with the recruitment of an Occupational Therapist.
This is a full or part time maternity cover opportunity. Offering a fixed term contract until December 2021. An asap start is required.
The school offers state of the art facilities in a purpose built environment and is set in the beautiful West Sussex countryside. The school provides excellent education provision for children and young people with autism and associated difficulties. The staff team are committed to creating a learning culture that enables the best possible outcome for its pupils.
Working in conjunction with the Speech and Language Therapist you will provide advice to the team and direct therapy to the pupils with a range of complex needs including; autism, Asperger’s syndrome, ADHD, PDA.
This will be achieved by:
• Effectively promote pupils’ welfare and safety at all times
• Leading on the development of occupational therapy as an integral part of the school curriculum
• Working with the school and residential staff to develop the sensory environment within the school and residential homes
• Utilising your expertise of evidence based practice, clinical assessments and intervention options as well as reasoning and intervention skills to include motor sensory cognitive/perceptual assessments
• Evaluate pupil progress, reassessing and altering intervention programs as required
• Participate and contribute including the preparation and presentation of reports at multi -disciplinary team meeting and reviews
• Work with the Headteacher, DSL and SENCo to deliver an appropriate programme of professional development for all staff including quality coaching and mentoring, in line with school appraisal and performance management system and the school development plan.
• Recognised OT degree/qualification
• HCPC registered
• Sensory Integration training
• Evidence of CPD
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a qualified OT
• Experience of working with children with autism in a school setting
Due to the rural location of this school, you will need to be a driver with access to a vehicle.