We are looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Nursery Manager for my client based in Renfrewshire.
The role is 40 hours per week working within a shift rotation between the nursery opening hours of 7.30am to 6pm.
Currently the nursery cares for 100 children aged from 0 months - 5 years. The organisation is also going through expansion with the plans to be caring for another 45 children this year.
The nursery has parking on site, newly built 3 to 5 area, private children’s football pitch and outdoor play area.
Purpose or role;
To lead a safe, high performing, sustainable nursery business with a motivated and self-directed team consistent with all aspects of the organisation's Vision and Mission Statement.
* Recruit suitable people, encouraging a diverse workforce. Induct, support, and train all staff to ensure high quality childcare practice.
Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver pedagogical exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach in Curriculum of Excellence /Pre Birth to Three
* Support staff retention and team building through effective communication, succession planning and team engagement, including but not limited to regular 1:1’s, Supervisions and appraisals
* Lead the promotion of parental partnership by developing a parent advisory committee to facilitate communication, share information, and allow parent input
* Have a child centred approach to the running of the service, ensuring the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children and their interests
* Daily management and monitoring of all health and safety practices and progress checks
* Understand the importance of keeping everybody safe and act as a designated person for safeguarding children
* Deploy staff effectively to maintain staffing ratios in accordance with statutory regulations and budgets
* Administer, maintain, monitor and report on all relevant finances
* Encourages an environment of continuous professional development including a commitment to update own knowledge through a range of sources
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
* Spending within agreed budgets
* Professional Development and Performance Management of staff
* Sound understanding / Good communication
* Ability to plan ahead
* Collaborative and decisive
* Analytical capability
* Up to date knowledge of regulatory requirements/ SSSC/ Care Inspectorate
* Uncompromising on quality grades
* At least 3 years management experience within the Early Years sector (or equivalent)
* Specific experience of working with 0-5 year age range
* Experience of working and supporting children and families with additional needs
* Designated Safeguarding Lead
* Full and relevant qualifications as listed on the SSSC for manager in day care of children services and to meet terms.
Willingness to register with the SSSC or evidence of your current registration PVG .
An Early Years Degree.