|Location: HEATHROW, MIDDLESEX||Salary: 27000 - 28000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: NIGHTS ONLY||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: about 1 month ago||Reference: 3078631|
Reports to: Duty Shift Manager
Based at: LHR Depot
Working Hours: 23:00 to 09:00 Sunday – Friday AM
Role Objective: Organising, directing and co-ordinating the activities of our LGV Fleet and dedicated services and the resources necessary for the safe, efficient and economic movement of freight through the organisation’s distribution system.
Operations - maintaining quality of service by:
• Efficient Planning the daily collection and delivery requirements for the fleet in the south-east of England
• Ensure duties planned account for RTD, WTD Regulations & EU/Domestic drivers hours.
• Collaboration with Self-Employed driver team to ensure all deliveries are covered.
• Collaboration with Palletforce team leader to ensure max utilization and sharing of resources with main operation.
• Maximizing capacity of available resources while minimizing subcontractor usage
• Ownership & administration of auxiliary equipment for drivers (ADR Bags, Pump Trucks, PDA’s etc)
• Answering inbound telephone calls quickly and efficiently. Interaction with Company Data Management system.
• Maintaining customer service levels at the highest standard by ensuring a rapid response to their requirements
• Dealing with telephone inquiries from Company and Independent Service Providers quickly and efficiently
• Identifying opportunities to improve the service and reporting to Duty Shift Manager
• Ensuring that the service provided meets objectives and quality standards of the Company
• Ensuring that regulations regarding hours of work, the operational safety and efficiency of Company vehicles and other statutory regulations are complied with together with the submission of all necessary forms pertaining to the Company’s BSI record system and management reports
People – interacting with people effectively by:
• Developing positive relationships with colleagues and team members and supporting the Operations Managers and Warehouse Manager in attaining their goals
• Establishing and maintaining the trust and support of colleagues, managers and teams
• Assisting when required in the induction and appropriate training of individuals
• Promoting and adhering to good working practices and procedures with particular reference to the Company’s BSI/ISO standards
• Acting responsibly towards colleagues and team members in relation to regulations and requirements in respect of Health and Safety and Aviation Security
Corporate Identity – provide a suitable professional image by:
• Maintaining and adhering to Company uniform policy
Information - providing an efficient service and communication network (both internally and externally) by:
• Obtaining and processing information to enable appropriate decisions to be made
• Ensuring accurate storage and prompt retrieval of information
• Ensuring individuals, teams, colleagues, managers and clients are advised of appropriate information
• Ensuring good verbal and written dialogue with internal and external contacts/users
Level 4 Aviation Security (Training can be provided)
Knowledge of Drivers Hours & Road Transport directive
Awareness of vehicle weights, capacity and driver skills
(if you are not aware of all of the above please do not apply)
Over 1 years' relevant work experience is required for this position.
Skills & Knowledge:
Good Reading, Writing & Numeric Skills
Excellent communication at all levels
Competent Microsoft Computer Skills
Please be advised, due to the high number of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted.
9 - 9 GBP Per Hour
BASINGSTOKE, HAMPSHIRERead more
30000.00 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
22000.00 - 24000.00 GBP Per Annum
VIEWPARK, LANARKSHIRERead more
25000.00 - 25500.00 GBP Per Annum
CHURCH HOUGHAM, KENTRead more
27000.00 - 27000.00 GBP Per Annum
BLUEWATER, KENTRead more