Working with a fantastic Global Accountancy Practice with their Head Office based in Manchester.
About- Their mission is to mitigate risk and drive profitability improvement across the Globe. As an organisation they use data driven intelligence to help reduce risk and increase profitability with their clients around the world.
Established in 1975, their growth is founded on their unique focus, providing expertise to gain and retain the trust of their clients. From 14 offices globally their team of 280 now working alongside 14,000 clients and across 50 international markets.
The job purpose is to lead a team carrying out statutory audits at client offices.
You will be part of a team that contributes to circa £1.6 million of revenue through audit and accounts work for around 250 clients. You will work in a team of approximately 35 staff.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare year end statutory financial statements
- Lead and manage the on-site audit team at companies principally from planning to completion
- Ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and time-frames
- Report to Manager and / or R.I.
- Be responsible for the development and mentoring of trainees and staff on-site and in the office
- Assist in developing and maintaining client relationships
Assist or lead a team to perform a wide variety of assignments, including:
- corporate finance
- business reviews
- internal control reviews and;
- special projects for manufacturers
- Represent the firm at networking events and identify opportunities to grow the business
Key Contacts and Relationships
Customers - you will need to establish strong working relationships with your clients and respond to their needs/demands both on and off-site
Colleagues - for associates, you will have to review their work and carry out on the job training. With the management team you will need to deliver a quality product (audit file and accounts)on time, communicate problems/ issues as they arise, and clear review points on a timely basis.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Clean driving license
- Be working towards completing your ACA/CA/ACCA qualification or fully qualified
- Be aware of Professional Ethics at all times
- Strong technical knowledge (predominantly ISAs and FRS102)
- Investigative skills (e.g. analytical review)
- Experience of leading a team on audit assignments
- Good commercial skills and an interest in networking and business development
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Self-belief and the ability to complete a task in challenging situations
- Self-control in difficult or challenging circumstances
- Understanding and getting to know and taking an interest in the organisation you are working for
- Understand what services your employer offers
- A keen eye for detail
- A willingness to travel nationally and (sometimes) internationally
Great opportunity for an aspiring part, nearly or newly qualified Accountant and Auditor so if you have started the New Year and decade feeling as though you need a fresh start and you have the experience required for this role with the willingness to learn then I would be delighted to receive your application so please APPLY TODAY !!