An excellent and secure opportunity for a newly qualified, practice-trained accountant to make the leap to industry!
Reed Finance is recruiting on behalf of one of Northern Ireland’s top performing indigenous businesses in the Cookstown area, for a newly qualified Accountant, preferably from a small medium sized practice.
The primary purpose of this post is to prepare, develop and analyse management accounting information & to provide high quality support service to internal staff.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this is a varied role and key responsibilities include:
- Producing quarterly management reports to senior management i.e. Maintaining fixed asset registers, Completing hire purchases reconciliations, Analysis of profit & loss nominals
- Preparation and filing of monthly VAT, PAYE, and Pension returns for Northern Ireland
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly Intrastat and EC Sales returns
- Preparation and filing of bi monthly ROI VAT returns and monthly ROI returns
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Monitoring and maintaining regional and branch reporting systems
- Analysing variances and exploring potential problems with coal and oil supervisors in sales, stock and cash control
- Making appropriate recommendations and advising of the impact on the business.
The successful candidate will have strong, commercially rounded communication skills and previous experience working in an accounting office environment to include providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
Strong organisational and analytical skills as well as strong MS Excel skills.
Our client is very much open to considering candidates from a practice background.
For more information please contact Laurence Jago at Reed Finance Belfast at your soonest convenience, apply via this link, or alternatively you can reach me confidentially on LinkedIn.