Newly Qualified Accountant (Cookstown)
Reed Finance is working in partnership with a highly reputable & expanding employer in Cookstown, in their appointment of a full time Newly Qualified (Financial Accountant).
This is a genuinely excellent opportunity to join a fast paced, high-performing, commercially minded finance team as the client continues grow and expand.
The purpose of this role is the preparation of weekly accounts and rolling forecast. Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, the person will take ownership of the general accounting and internal controls, including journal entry preparation, intercompany reconciliations and month-end closing activities in line with Group policies.
Specific duties include but are not limited to;
- Weekly financial reporting;
- Preparation of 26 week rolling forecast;
- Preparation of weekly management accounts pack;
- Assist in the completion of monthly and year end accounts ensuring reconciliations between weekly and monthly accounting information;
- Assisting in completion of annual budgeting process;
- Completion of statutory returns including VAT;
- Assist with the annual external audit;
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- Financial assistance for new and on-going value added projects;
- Provide support to Finance Director and Management Accountant when required; and
- Any other duties required by the business.
All applicants should be a Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent. Consideration will also be given to candidates in the final stages of their professional qualifications.
You will possess strong IT and systems knowledge with a skill set to effectively assist in financial software projects.
It’s desirable that you will have some FMCG finance experience and proven experience in integrated financial and management information systems, preferably ERP systems and yield control systems.
For more information on this particular opportunity please contact Laurence Jago at Reed Finance Belfast, as soon as possible and in complete confidence or alternatively contact me via LinkedIn for an immediate exchange.