We have a fantastic opportunity for a Neighbourhood Officer Compliance working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a Temporary Full-time role, initially for the next 3 months.
Your role will be to contribute to the delivery of a high-quality service through the provision of detailed technical regulatory knowledge interpretation, translation and enforcement of all relevant legislation. Develop and administer thorough investigative procedures and regulatory protocols ensuring the health, safety and well-being of people is prioritised and safeguarded. You will also be responsible for the evaluation and quality control of the function and will drive continuous improvement in service delivery.
Provide sound advice and guidance to stakeholders with regards to enforcing standards and regulating community activity, using a wide range of compliance and regulation knowledge to realise sustainable solutions.
Lead on the delivery of the local authority statutory enforcement obligations, and where necessary liaise with other council departments or relevant bodies.
Ensure that all requests are dealt within designated timescales and quality standards, and that the activity is proportionate, effective, has impact, long lasting and delivered to a high standard.
Also ensure the provision of high level and often complex support to internal and external customers and stakeholders, upholding excellent standards of customer service.
Maintain competence in subject matter specialism, undertaking research and information gathering to ensure the Council adopts and maintains best practice in areas of specialism.
Take full responsibility for the quality of data ensuring the recording of information is timely, accurate and complete.
Roles at this level may be required to undertake management duties, either through direct line management of a team (including appraisals, performance management and other duties) or through matrix management of a virtual team of officers.a
- Must be a trained in HHSRS (Housing Health and Safety Rating System)
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Previous experience as a Neighbourhood Officer, within a Local Authority
- Understanding of compliance/enforcement/environmental health around housing is required
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to the public and business owners, and other senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system