Job Title: Multi Skills/Multi Trades Lecturer
Pay rate: £29.01 p/h
Hours: 30 hours p/w
Duration: September - December possibly longer
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the South London area.
Starting from September, the college are looking for outstanding Multi Skills/Multi Trades Lecturer to join them on a temporary basis.
Today, over 21,000 students are enrolled at our College, and government funded courses like BTEC Nationals and A-levels are free for 16-19 year olds.
Today our vocational courses are still designed to give excellent training and maximise the potential of students looking for skills. These still include carpentry, brickwork, plumbing, and hygiene, but we have expanded into many other areas too.
Our client’s vocational courses are designed to give excellent training and maximise the potential of students looking to further their skill set.
- You will be delivering construction skills 6219. Level 1 city and guilds
- You will be required to deliver all units brickwork, plastering, rendering and tiling
- Effective curriculum and lesson planning which meets individual needs is essential
- Plan and prepare modules, deliver teaching and conduct tutorials and assessments
- Create and implement effective learning support material, methods and applications.
What you will need
- A recognised teaching qualification (PTLLS, DTLLS,CertEd or PGCE)
- Experience teaching brickwork, plastering, rendering and tiling is essential
- Experience in teaching carpentry and plumbing would be desirable however not essential
- Good classroom management
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK’s largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.