Salary £32k + Van
Locations: South East London, CR Postcode, BR Postcode, Penge
Working for leading Social housing provider, the package includes, van, fuel, Public sector pension, 25 days holiday
The ideal candidate must have advanced or high level in Carpentry and plumbing experience and UPVC.
Also wet trade and plastering would be an advantage.
The Multi Trade Operative will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of maintenance, responsive repairs, void works & property MOTs connected with all aspects of their specialist trades and any secondary trades. The works shall be carried out in an efficient way and completed within required deadlines.
- Maintain and regularly replenish impress stock of materials including recording usage on PDA
- Specify and order specialist materials where required to complete task. Minimise wastage
- Ensure all goods received notes and paperwork are returned to the Response admin team
- Using PDA and/or job tickets correctly, completely and in real time
- Standby log sheets, Material orders, Vehicle report sheets, policy procedure paperwork
- Inform Managers of work tickets requiring cancelling, follow on works or change in status
- Written – Reports for Area managers
- Draw any queries to a conclusion
- Ensure company vehicle is only used in accordance with company vehicle policy
- Ensure the safe, effective use of tools and plant ensuring they are regularly maintained and serviced and supervisor is notified of any loss or damage
- Compliance with all company policy and procedures
- Understand and abide with the Health & Safety regulations and ensure all work practices are safe
- Carry out risk assessments, reporting bad practice and dangerous occurrences to supervisor
- Achieving recognition under the CSCS Scheme
- Present a positive image for Response, wearing corporate work wear whilst working
- Act as an ambassador for Response and their Clients at all times
- To deliver quality workmanship within your specific trades and without close supervision
- Meet appointments as agreed with tenants
- Complete work first time wherever possible
- Take a flexible approach to delivering work when the workload dictates or their Trade Supervisor or Contract Manager require it
- On completion of work inspect quality and be satisfied before leaving the customer
- Take responsibility for supervising apprentices if assigned and the quality of their work.