Our client are a national social housing provider who are looking for a Multi-skilled and enthusiastic trades person with a relevant qualification in your primary trade of carpentry to deliver a first class repairs service across a variety of our properties in the South West region, covering Plymouth and Exeter.
You will be required to carry out the full range of general maintenance and new installation work to occupied and vacant properties whilst ensuring that Health and Safety procedures and safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
Experience and Criteria:
- Substantial experience in the building industry to acquire the skills and techniques of Carpentry and a secondary trade
- City & Guilds up to NVQ level 3 or relevant experience in the Carpentry trade
- Hold a valid CSCS card
- Working knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Good timekeeper with organisation and planning skills including strategic thinking and priority setting
- Self-motivation skills and a good team player
- The ability to make sound judgements and decisions in line with the company's guidelines and objectives
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Full driving licence as a work van will be provided
- 3 month ongoing contract
- Hourly rate: Negotiable
- 40 hours p/w Mon - Fri