Are you currently looking for a new and rewarding teaching opportunity?
Reed Further Education are currently working with a prison in Stoke On Trent who are currently recruiting for a Multi Skills/Construction Trainer to join the education team on a full time, temporary ongoing basis.
HMYOI Werrington is a youth offender establishment based in Staffordshire for young males aged between 15-18. Each young person is offered 30 hours of education a week provided by The Manchester College, including 3 hours of physical education. Subjects on offer include English, maths, business, as well as work-based subjects including painting and decorating, sports studies, barbering and training as a barista.
- Hours - Full Time (Monday to Friday)
- Role - Temporary, with the potential for permanent for the right candidate
- Pay - £24.88 per hour (including holiday pay)
This offers an exciting new opportunity for individuals who are looking to further their previous experience and work alongside a successful education team with the mutual focus on rehabilitation for the inmates in the establishment. Teaching in prisons is an incredibly rewarding challenge and the education departments are looking to welcome driven individuals to join their team.
To do this successfully you`ll need:
- Vocational qualification in delivery specialism
- Level 2 qualification in English and maths
- TAQA Assessor award/A1 or equivalent or willing to work towards
- Minimum two years’ vocational experience
- Track record of being an effective trainer
- Working in a custodial environment (desirable)
- Teaching Qualification (desirable)
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in, please apply with an up to date CV and one of the Reed Prison Education team will get in touch to discuss further.
**This role is subject to enhanced clearance and vetting by REED Recruitment and the prison**