REED Engineering are delighted to be partnering with a national food retailer and manufacturer who are looking to add a Multi-skilled Engineer to their team on a permanent basis. During an unprecedented period of growth, this would be an excellent time to join the team.
We have a salary on offer for this role of up to £34k per annum. There are also call out and on-call payment structures in place.
This position involves shift work, where you will be on a two-week rotation. First week will be Sunday – Thursday, 8am – 5pm, second week Monday – Friday, 7am – 4pm. You will also be expected to be on call one week in every three. Please only apply for this role is you are able to accommodate the above shift pattern as it is non-negotiable.
As Multi-skilled Engineer, you will be mainly responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, repair and inspection of production and packaging machinery within our client’s food manufacturing site.
Other duties of the role will include, but not be limited to –
- Providing an efficient response and resolution to any general day-to-day maintenance repairs or servicing
- Act as a point of contact for external contractors
- Carry out work across multiple trades including mechanical, electrical fault finding, small installations and plumbing
- Scheduling and completing any routine asset maintenance
- PAT and emergency lighting testing
- Use of CMMS
- Attending any emergency and urgent repairs
- Helping out in the training of new and existing staff
- Suggesting methods of continuous improvement
- General maintenance repairs
The successful candidate will –
- Hold a City & Guilds qualification in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline
- Be experienced in electrical fault finding and repairs
- Hold a full, clean Drivers Licence
- Have worked with PLCs, inverters and control panels (desirable)
- Have previous experience of working in a food manufacturing facility (desirable)
If you, or anyone you know would be suited to this role, please forward your up-to-date CV, salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com. If applying directly by e-mail, please ensure you answer all of the qualifying questions listed below.