Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We require a Multi-Skilled Operative / Carpenter to cover an existing workload within Islington London Borough Council, based in and around N7 9QH.
This is an interim position initially for 3-6 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.
Responsibilities will include;
- To carry out Carpentry works and relevant trade duties as instructed by the Supervisor on Responsive, Planned, Empty Homes, High Value Repairs or Capital Repairs to an excellent standard upon completion.
- To carry out relevant trade duties as instructed by the Supervisor on Responsive, Planned, Empty Homes, High Value Repairs or Capital Repairs to an excellent standard upon completion.
- To plan and organise workload to maximise productive time and ensure the best service to customers. This includes dealing with urgent and emergency repairs and ensuring, as far as practicable, that all appointments and targets are met.
- To promptly inform a scheduler planner/supervisor of any unanticipated problems or delays that might impact on appointments for that day, so that work can be rescheduled.
- To provide regular updates and information to supervisors/scheduler planner team and other colleagues to assist with ordering of materials, planning and scheduling of work.
- To report any follow on or related repair works identified with the customer where these cannot be completed during the visit, providing sufficient detail to ensure an accurate ‘further works’ order is raised on the system.
- To maintain and contribute to the control of the stock and other company property held on any assigned company vehicle.
- To ensure the security, care and appropriate use of stock, tools, materials, plant, and equipment and any other items issued.
This role offers a competitive salary of £21.96 PAYE and you’ll be working via REED who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Please apply now or email firstname.lastname@example.org and join us in loving Mondays!