My client is a successful Directly Authorised Independent Mortgage Brokerage and IFA practice. The company's main aim is to provide the best and most impartial advice available to its clientele.
Due to business growth the company are currently looking for a Mortgage Administrator to join their established team based within their Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire office which has car parking nearby and is also an 8 minute walk from the nearest train station.
Within this role there is the future opportunity within the position to either progress into a Mortgage Administration Management role (managing a small team) or to move into a Mortgage Advisor position at the company if the successful candidate would indeed like to progress. If not then you could of course choose to remain within a Mortgage Administrator capacity.
The brokers will typically have initial sales contact with the clients & prospects and go on to complete a full Fact Find and request all supporting documents. The brokers will do the lender research and match the client to the lender and provide all the advice. The administrator will be:
- Providing full time admin & telephone support to 2x Directly Authorised independent mortgage & protection brokers
- Filing incoming fact find and supporting documents to the client database
- Generating mortgage / life & GI illustrations
- Completing & submitting mortgage AIP’s and application forms to lenders
- Taking incoming phone calls / chasing providers & solicitors etc for updates
- Updating clients along the mortgage application journey
- Preparing and filing required regulatory documentation (suitability letters / terms of business etc) for the advisors to sign off
- Record keeping and managing diary system for upcoming mortgage reviews
- Managing existing client bank to secure new business opportunities
- Managing the diary for provider and BDM visits
- Adhering to the FCA regulatory conduct rules / data protection etc (firm will provide full induction and training to ensure all regulatory conduct codes are met)
- Mortgage Administration experience ideally within a directly authorised/independent mortgage environment
- Excellent English written skills and telephone manner, must have experience in dealing with all types of clients from different backgrounds
- Must demonstrate technical ability and be confident with mortgage & protection terminology
- Must have knowledge and experience different types of mortgage lenders and their respective application systems
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative and ability to time manage and prioritise cases through to completion
- Ideally CeMap / equivalent qualified (although this is not essential)
The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary of circa £25,000 which is negotiable based on ability/role experience. A pension scheme, plus benefits including a bonus/profit share scheme based upon the business' performance and growth. Plus after the probationary period an employee benefits scheme including a gym membership and income protection.
Apply on-line or if you would like more information on this role, or any role within the mortgage market please contact Andrew Brown on 0333 2408 550 or e-mail email@example.com attaching your updated CV.
REED Mortgages - The UK's leading specialist recruiter in Mortgage Advice, Support, Underwriting, Compliance and BDM roles.