Vacancy- Senior Project Manager
Location- Abingdon (This role will be working from home initially, however you may be required to go on site occasionally in Abingdon)
Length of assignment- 6 month contract (May be extended)
Pay- £600- £650 day rate
To lead and deliver of an appropriate service for the organisation as defined by the Outline Business Case - from initiation, delivery, handover to ‘business as usual’ and project closure. This will include the management of BAU activity and the exit from MFSS.
Leading the management of the project for the replacement of the Multi Force Shared Service (MFSS) arrangements ensuring the provision of effective fit for purpose services for CNC in accord with timelines defined by the MFSS contract expiry timelines.
- Responsibility for management of the MFSS business as usual activity within CNC working closely with colleagues in MFSS to ensure that service levels and activity support the achievement of CNC service levels.
- Responsibility for the management of the development and delivery of the MFSS replacement programme of work supporting the SRO in the delivery of a successful outcome.
- Controlling and coordinating the activities of their project team(s) within the MFSS programme of work including resource planning.
- Overseeing high level Project baselining and planning activity, identify and manage interdependencies, defining quality measures, development of technical solutions and identifying/exploiting opportunities.
- Protect the interests of the CNC and its stakeholders.
- Identification and management of risk to projects and escalation to senior management when required.
- Managing changes to project scope through defined project change processes.
- Capturing and managing delivery of project requirements through the project lifecycle.
- Developing, maintaining and ensuring the application of quality management processes for project/programme activities and outputs.
Skills and Experience:
- Formal project management experience and accreditation (e.g. APM, PMI, PRINCE 2 Practitioner) with at least 5 years. delivery experience covering the project lifecycle.
- Some experience of shared back office service arrangements. This is not necessarily a deep understanding but familiarity with the issues and challenges in sharing back offices services with other organisations.
- Knowledge and experience of back office business process improvement. This isn’t a detailed analytical knowledge but to have sufficient oversight and understanding of the challenges.
- Knowledge and experience of buying technology within the public sector. Specifically to demonstrate commercial acumen.
- Some understanding and experience of running an ERP during ’business as usual’. Particularly having an understanding of the challenges around operating cloud ERP solutions.
- Ability to influence at a strategic level and inform Executive decision making.
- Business process acumen including change, risk, finance, planning and people management skills. Detailed knowledge of project management methodologies, including risk management, resource and budget planning & estimating, and change control.
- Skilled in both stakeholder and communications management
- Must be able to work autonomously to high standards and deadlines.
If you have the relevant experience apply now.