We have an exciting new role available for an experienced Meeting and Events professional from a hotel and hospitality background.
Our client is an independently run hotel currently undergoing extensive refurbishment to truly bring the hotel to the next level. It is the perfect time to join this expanding team as they go through this exciting period of growth and change.
Your role as Meeting and Events Executive will be to assist the M&E manager to lead and manage the meeting and events sales activities on a daily basis. You will maximise revenue and monitor KPI’s, ensuring guest satisfaction and solid financial performance of M&E. Ensuring that the team work to proactively sell the hotel, convert enquiries and ensure the maximization of the hotel facilities.
- Assist in managing the M&E team in the execution of their role and delegate effectively to ensure that departmental duties are efficiently executed
- Receive telephone enquiries and take the appropriate follow up action necessary to convert the call and generate a sale
- Ensure effective communication with other hotel departments to enable the smooth operation of in-house functions and events
- Assist with producing the departmental forecasts and communicate figures to the team
- Attend and represent the hotel at pre and post event client meetings, client show rounds, trade shows, exhibitions and sales meetings as needed
- Source and liaise with suppliers to ensure the best quality and price for additional services and equipment
- Use your knowledge of the hotel facilities to create packages to suit the client needs and create a unique experience
- Manage and lead the M&E team in the absence of the M&E manager
- Appraise and assess all employees annually according to guidelines and to review and revise agreed objectives quarterly
- Ensure that all new starters are effectively inducted into your department and the hotel
- Solid experience in the hotel industry with knowledge of the hospitality industry and market trends
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Clean full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A people person with excellent interpersonal skills
- A positive can do attitude
- Computer literate with an understanding of Opera booking system
- Financial understanding including forecasting and P&L’s