We have an exciting new role available for an experienced Meeting and Events professional from a hotel and hospitality background.
Our client is an independently run hotel currently undergoing extensive refurbishment to truly bring the hotel to the next level. It is the perfect time to join this expanding team as they go through this exciting period of growth and change.
Your role as Meetings & Events Co-ordinator will be to support the M&E Manager/M&E Executive in the smooth running of the conference and events department and to generate revenue for all areas of the business. You will be responsible for conference bookings and liaising with various hotel operations and provide them with the information required to run a successful function or event.
- Maximise usage of conference rooms and accommodation to ensure optimum revenue is generated
- Taking of conference and banqueting bookings and processing bookings using Opera
- Ensure accuracy of information received and transmitted within the department
- Assist in the liaison with clients during their time at the hotel in conjunction with the Duty Manager
- Ensure that correspondence is up to date in relation to conference and banqueting reservations
- Communication with clients both verbally and in writing regarding all aspects of conference and banqueting
- Coordinate and assist Sales & Marketing department in sales leads and following up enquiries
- Ensure booking of bedrooms in relation to conferences is accurate and correct verbal and/or written information is available to reception office
- Partake in Sales & Marketing activities to promote the hotel where necessary
- Ensure details of conference and banqueting are available for distribution to relevant departments in time for them to make appropriate arrangements
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A people person with excellent interpersonal skills
- A positive can do attitude
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Opera booking system
- At least 1 years’ experience as M&E coordinator.
- Drives and lives within 20 miles of the hotel