Reed Engineering are supporting a large manufacturer based in Essex who are looking for skilled maintenance technicians to join their successful team. A leading company in the manufacture of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) they are looking to hire motivated and high calibre experienced time served technicians. This type of role will suit the person who is looking for a career and not a job. They have a build from within ethos and expect the people they recruited to want to be developed to move up our pay reward system.
There are a number of roles in their maintenance department for mechanically bias technicians
The key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the line team in the planned maintenance execution, defect fixing, recording and execution of improvements of issues of a mechanical nature on production lines
- Maintaining and continuously improve the Maintenance Work Planning & Scheduling for their line. Constantly looking for ways to improve their equipment, processes and systems.
- Responding to break downs and production issues on the lines that require agile and flexible mechanical support
- Planning mechanical work, liaising with suppliers and sourcing parts for daily work.
Please note, the majority of the mechanical maintenance technician roles are shift roles
What they Offer You
Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
Competitive salary, pension and much more
To be considered for one of these roles, you must have the appropriate skill and capability from the following criteria:
- Be qualified to a minimum of ONC or C&G Part III to NVQ 3 Level.
- Have proven experience in either process or a production environment related to Fast Moving Consumer Goods or similar industry.
- Have some experience in the following manufacturing processes including Process pumps, pressure relief valves, gearboxes, chain drives, conveying systems, palletisers, high speed bottling and powder filling lines, control valves, pneumatic logic systems.
- Experience in carrying out safety risk assessments
- Fluent ability to communicate in English
Candidates can only be considered if they have previous manufacturing maintenance experience