REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working a leading Engineering & Manufacturing Company with a global client base.
Maintenance Engineer (Mechanically biased)
Responsible for the mechanical maintenance of a variety of hot works equipment (a number of Melting Furnaces). To contribute towards the running of a highly effective predictive and preventative maintenance system to prevent unscheduled outages. You will be highly motivated and will require the minimum of follow up, you will possess a high degree of flexibility and a ‘can do’ attitude to your work as well as being detail orientated and organised. You will be a major exponent of Health and safety practices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintenance of VIM, VAR and ESR furnaces.
• Willingness to take part in the development, creation and implementation of PPM schedules to achieve maximum machine availability.
• Work with specialist OEM service engineers.
• You will be required to understand complex electrical and mechanical systems, be able to diagnose problems, perform safety & quality risk assessments and effect repairs quickly and safely.
• Identify, set up and control critical spares requirements.
• Utilising the Pirana maintenance management system for generation of maintenance schedules, logging of work & closure of work orders.
• Calibration of gas/electric furnaces.
Skills Experience and Qualification
• A relevant vocational qualification e.g. NVQ,ONC, HNC, HND, C&G or an appropriate apprenticeship. Employees without these qualifications but who can demonstrate relevant industrial knowledge and experience will be considered
• Some electrical experience/qualification or the willingness to undertake electrical cross skilling training.
• Experience of Furnaces and their control system.
• Experience of instrument engineering.
• Substantial experience within an a medium to heavy industrial environment
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• A good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
• PC literate
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy
• Exemplary timekeeping and attendance
• Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
• Ability to direct and influence others without having line management accountability
Working 4 on 4 off shift pattern