A fantastic opportunity to work with a leading solutions company to the global leading metals industry, with worldwide clients and full turnkey abilities, due to expansion they require a Design Engineer to join their existing team.
- Completion of 3D modelling, detail design, technical calculations, and product development
- Responsible for product design and development process, ensuring project schedules are maintained
- Monitor progress, identify any areas of concern, escalate & manage customer expectations.
- Co-ordinate inputs to ensure a winning strategy is clearly communicated and documented.
- On time delivery of seamless set of technical documents; in the desired medium (portal upload and/or electronic/hard-copies, etc).
- Ensure technical documents, relevant project related information, MoMs, etc, are recorded and filed correctly on the server.
- Support sales activities through drawing/document creation and on-site reverse engineering of products.
- Liaison with representatives from suppliers during technical evaluations of project solutions.
- Manage expectations, clarify requirements and make requests, including submission deadline changes, as required.
- Support sales and prepare the data analysis and collection before the project start.
- Experience in 2D & 3D CAD (Autodesk, Inventor experience beneficial)
- Experience in Aluminum Plant Design
- Knowledge of Aluminium Products/Processes
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent - proven experience will also be considered
- Willingness & ability to occasional travel (UK & Overseas)
- Knowledge & experience of technical reports
- Good Communication skills in a formal and informal environment