My client is a worldwide precision engineering manufacturing company with interests in a variety of different markets which includes agriculture, mining, processing, marine, rotating machinery and much of the heavy industrial sector. With manufacturing sites covering 5 continents this is a truly global organisation.
Due to the companies continued success they are seeking a DESIGN ENGINEER to join one of the company's manufacturing facilities in Bedford.
The role will be to join an existing team of professionals who design speacialised equipment for heavy industrial use utilised a variety of sectors. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of design for manufacture ideally in a heavy industrial or rotating machinery environment utilising NX / Inventorsoftware.
The role will mean working on a variety of projects, often taking the design lead, to ensure that the clients specifications are met in sometimes highly demanding situations.
Due to current government restrictions this role will not start until June 2020 however the company is actively seeking candidates and may interview by Skype in the interim
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate:
* A recognised qualification in mechanical engineering, ideally to degree level or possibly HNC with significant experience in design for manufacture
* Knowledge / Experience of the use of either NX or INVENTOR software or similar for 3D modeling of components for manufacture
* Understanding of DFA / DFM principles with demonstratable experience
* Understanding of FEA and FMEA principles and the ability to use the appropriate software (such as ANSYS or similar)
* Understanding of project management methodology
* Experience in the design of heavy components / rotating equipment would be highly advantageous
In return the company offers a 37 hour week with a flexible component, 25 days paid holiday, Christmas shutdown, free parking on site, 5% matched pension and other benefits.
Please contact me with your current CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the role.
I look forward to hearing from you