REED are working with an Education Centre Located in Basildon and Romford looking for A Maths tutor. The successful candidate will be leading on the development and delivery of GCSE & Functional Skills Maths to young people aged 13-16.
Students are referred to our inclusion programme and are often challenging (academically and/or behaviourally). You will take an active role in helping to equip students with the skills they will require as they transfer to the world of work.
- Delivering Maths (Functional Skills and GCSE) to small groups of students (normally a maximum of twelve)
- Working with other teachers and the Vice Principal, developing schemes of work and lesson plans
- Marking of work and assessment for learning within the Maths team
- Developing relationships and offering support to challenging students in order for them to achieve
- Liaising with colleagues to monitor student progress, behaviour and attendance
- Keeping up-to-date registers on attendance and progress and ensuring that information on student progress is tracked in the database
- Produce individual learning plans and set appropriate targets
- Attend meetings with parents and schools as required
- Be familiar with and following the company code of conduct for student behaviour (and applying disciplinary procedures evenly)
- Experience in tutoring / teaching GCSE Maths and/or Functional Skills Maths
- Must hold one or be working towards one of the following qualifications DET, Cert Ed, QTS / QTLS
- Ability to form productive relationships with young people who can be among the more challenging
- Good team working skills
- A flexible approach to both delivery and working methods / regimes
- Ability to plan and prepare training sessions
- Ability to deliver projects to time and on target
- Ability to work and prioritise in an organised manner
- High motivation and the ability to take initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Reed can offer you:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Your own personal consultant who will endeavour to look after all your needs and answer any questions you may have
• Free interview advice
• Pension Scheme
• Recommend a friend vouchers
Please apply below as we are keen to hear from you! If successful, we will invite you in to register which is a very smooth and enjoyable process.
Please send your CV to: Jonelle.Foxe@Reedglobal.com to discuss your needs so we can help secure you a new role, whether this is for day to day, long term or permanent opportunities near to you!
We are also looking for the following:
Special Education Needs Teachers
Outreach Support Workers
Behaviour Management Teaching Assistants
Secondary School Teachers in all Subjects KS3-KS5
If you know of somebody looking for a new role with in the Education sector please do pass on our details. We can offer a referral bonus for anyone who is successfully placed through Reed Education (T&C's apply)
If this sounds like a role that you would like, we would love to hear from you. Please forward your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Reed Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.