The DFE have provided state- funded schools additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2. As a result of this funding ,Reed Education are working with secondary schools in Bracknell, Maidenhead, Windsor and Slough to assist in their recruitment of a numeracy intervention tutor to support their year 7 cohort.
The successful applicant must:
· Must hold a relevant qualification for the position applied for
· Be reliable, committed and interested in working with students and demonstrate the qualities of a good role model (qualities of compassion, trustworthiness, politeness and good listening skills)
· Have good interpersonal skills; be trustworthy as well as being patient and confident when working with children.
· Have experience or have a desire to work with students in a social environment within a School setting.
· Have experience of working within a team
· Deliver literacy and numeracy intervention programs to individuals preparing relevant and appropriate learning experiences in conjunction with the inclusion team.
· Discuss reasons for underperformance with students, through interview
· Assist in the development of suitable intervention material
· Keep a log on students who undertake intervention and assist on the recording and reporting procedures.
· Support exam revision sessions as required
· To assist in the development of appropriate lesson plans, resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies
· To plan and prepare 1-2-1 lessons
· High quality training and support
· Access to a range of CPD courses
· Opportunities to work across several schools
· Competitive rates of pay
· Dedicated consultant to support you within your role
If you are interested in applying or for more information, please contact 0118 9520017 or apply immediately to this role.