Reed Education in Plymouth is looking to speak with graduates of English and Maths based degrees to support with intervention and catch up sessions for students in key stages 2, 3 and 4.
With the recent school closures impacting heavily on the progress of students in these core subjects, the government has announced funding for increased support in English and Maths. As such, we are anticipating that schools will need support from temporary staff who have an excellent knowledge of these subjects but not necessarily extensive experience in schools.
Working on a one to one basis, and with small groups of students for focused learning sessions can be highly rewarding. Supporting the class teacher and the department in offering these catch up sessions, designed and implemented by the school will play a key part in bringing these students up to speed and contributing positively to their grades.
You should be available to work on a flexible, temporary basis with the potential for some sessions taking place before or after school hours. The pre-requisite skills and attributes for the role are listed below:
- Degree qualified in an English or Maths based subject
- Have an approachable, patient and calm personality
- Be a strong communicator both in person and in writing
- Be committed to supporting children in making progress at school
- Have excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Able to provide referees for a minimum of 2 years positive employment references, or references from education if you are a recent graduate
- Hold a current, Enhanced DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Have a teaching qualification or worked in a support role in a school
- Have experience of working in a school or education setting, or with children between the ages of 8 and 18 in youth or community work
- Have a desire to train as a teacher or work in education in the future
To be eligible for this role you will need to undergo the rigorous safeguarding checks applicable to working with children and we must complete these before you are placed in to an assignment. You will also be interviewed to assess your suitability for the role.
When you click “Apply” your details will come directly through to me at Reed Education. I’ll be in contact with you the same working day wherever possible to discuss the role with you, check your suitability and confirm your interest. If you are keen to find out more please make an application. I look forward to hearing from you.