Are you a passionate Teacher of Mathematics looking to join a highly successful school with an exceptional culture for teaching and learning from September 2020?
Reed Education Cardiff is recruiting a Maths Teacher for a September start for an outstanding secondary school in the South Wales Valleys. Staff morale is incredibly high at the school and learner achievement has risen year-in year-out since 2013. The Mathematics Department enjoys some of the schools highest results and L2+ performance is the highest in the county. The school has been categorised by the Welsh Government as a ‘Green’ school in terms of support required for the third successive year.
Estyn have rated pupil behaviour as ‘exemplary’’ and note the ‘caring and inclusive ethos’ as a hallmark of teacher and learning experience within the school.
The school is an easy drive from Merthyr, Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Caerphilly and can be accessed within 45 minutes from all of these regions. The school enjoys close links with its PTA and embraces their support to help ensure high expectations, attendance and progress. The school is very data-focused meaning any experience of using data to inform teaching strategy, particularly in regards to intervention on the C/D borderline, will be welcomed favourably.
- Have experience of teaching Mathematics to Key Stage Four (exceptions made for NQTs)
- Be willing to promote the school’s consistent LNF / DCF approach;
- Have up-to-date knowledge of Donaldson and be willing to lend your expertise to STEM subjects;
- Be a reflective practitioner who promotes rigours self-evaluation.
The School offers:
- A warm family atmosphere with close links to the community;
- Fantastic facilities with more to be introduced over the academic year including technology in every classroom;
- An opportunity to join a department with rising results;
- Exceptional teaching and learning environment in a ‘Green’ Rated school;
- Ample opportunities to boost your CPD profile.
Reed Education are very proud to be supporting schools across Wales through the National Procurement Service Framework. The pay rates quoted within this advert are subject to the role requirements stipulated by the school at the time of requesting a member of staff from us. Pay will always be clearly discussed and clarified with you before an assignment begins.
If you are interested and available, or would like an informal chat about this position, please contact Rhys Morris on 02920 386 515 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.