Senior Business Support Officer for Multi Agency Safeguarding Team
Main Purpose of the job:
To work as part of a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) which deals with referrals from professionals and members of the public who have concerns about a child’s welfare and safety.
To work as part of the MASH and be responsible for supporting social care staff and partners in providing an effective screening, triage and advice service to children in need and their families.
To receive all referrals into the MASH, create contacts and assign these to the appropriate MASH team member.
To complete routine and more complex administrative tasks within the MASH, providing efficient business and administration support to the MASH and partners.
Summary of Responsibilities and Personal Duties:
- To support the MASH by attending team meetings, MASH meetings and taking minutes as required.
- To screen all referrals to confirm whether parental consent has been obtained and, if not, notify the referrer that the referral will not be accepted without consent or consult with the duty Advanced Practitioner (AP) or Team Manager (TM) for confirmation of whether a contact should be created.
- To create accurate records for children and their families
- To be able to identify calls of a child protection/child in need nature and re-direct those calls to the duty social worker. This may involve alerting the Duty AP or Team Manager promptly when referrals requiring an urgent response are received.
- To maintain the duty phones and efficiently triage or signpost callers to the correct individuals, Team or Service.
If you are a competent Minute Taker and senior level administrator who can start this role immediately please submit your CV today!!
**To start ASAP**
**Enhanced DBS will be applied for**