A local authority in Blackburn are looking to recruit Market Attendants to join their friendly, dedicated team working in Blackburn Market which is a busy and modern Market. The role is planned to run until the end of May 2020 with the possibility of extension or the contract being made permanent. The is a full time position so you will be expected to work 37 hours per week although the working hours will be flexible.
You will be expected to provide and maintain a high standard of cleaning & cleanliness in all areas of the Market, both front & back of house and also at Blackburn Bus Station. as you will be working on the Market & Bus Station during opening hours.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To Sweep, mop & clean floors and surfaces, clean windows, public toilets and to operate any mechanical scrubbing/sweeping machines. The food court area will also need to maintained and cleaned to a high standard which may involve you to clear and wipe any tables and sweep/mop the floor.
- Separate cardboard from other materials for recycling and to any mechanical equipment to undertake these tasks.
- To be a key holder responsible for opening & locking up of the Market.
- To be a first point of contact for customer & trader needs around the Market & assist where possible.
- To follow the specific cleaning rota & to sign when duties are complete.
- Experience of working in a public environment
- A good standard of Maintenance Skills
- Understand how to operate mechanical cleaning machinery
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good sense of humour and ability to interact with customers & traders.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Available to work Monday-Sunday
Apply for this role if it is of interest to you.